YouTube is one of the oldest video streaming platforms. Since its beginning days, it has come a long way. YouTube has all kinds of knowledge, and we’ve all used it at least once to figure out our problems.
But what will you do if you want to look up something and the videos are private? If you have ever come across a video that’s private. In this guide, we’re going to discuss why you can’t see private YouTube videos, and how you can watch them with or without permission.
Why Can’t You Watch Private Videos on YouTube?
Suppose anyone is going to upload a video on YouTube. So he or she always has 3 options to upload. Whether video can be Public, Private, or Unlisted.
When the visibility of the video is selected as private. So the users can only able to watch the video. When the link to the channel or the video gets shared.
Private videos don’t come into search results, don’t appear in recommendations videos, and even subscribers are not got any notification when a private video is uploaded.
How to Watch Private Videos on YouTube?
However, users can’t watch private videos but still, there are some genuine ways that help users to watch private videos, and here we are going to discuss them.
Any private video on YouTube only is watched by any user when the user has obtained permission from its owner to watch it. There are two easy-to-understand methods to access YouTube videos with Permission and without permission.
Watching YouTube Videos With Permission
Using this method, you can easily get access to watch any private video on YouTube. You have to get in touch with the video owner and send the request to them to send you the link to the video. Once you get the link from the owner, you can easily watch the video. But sometimes, even after getting the link from the owner, you are not able to access the video. So there can be the following reasons:
- You don’t have a valid or authentic YouTube account.
- You have more than one account on YouTube.
- The video will open only through the special link which will be shared by the owner.
Watching YouTube Videos Without Permission
This is a method where you don’t need to ask or send any request to the video owner. Just go to the desired private video and remove ‘delete watch?’ from its URL. Now press the enter key. Now you will be able to access the private video but it might not be worked for all users.
How to Watch Private videos Without Sign-in?
If you have watched any video in the past but now that video is marked as private. Then here is the solution to access that private video. Use a utility named VideoCacheVeiw to get the video that was downloaded to your cache. Then the video will be turned into a format such as Mpeg-Dash.
Now you are to use a software called GPAC to convert the video into playable format or MP4. Using this method if, by any chance, you are not able to access that video. So you can go for any YouTube video downloader site or application. That can also help you out.
How to Share a Private Video?
Following are the steps to share your private video with anyone and if you already have uploaded your private video, just want to share it so you can skip steps 1 and 2:
- First of all, go to your signed-in YouTube Account and click on the Upload Video button on the proper top. Once you click on the Upload Video button, a dialog will show up to pick the video file. Click the Select Files button and add the video which you want.
- When the video importing system begins, you can go to the Visibility tab and pick the visibility as “Private.” Once you pick the Visibility choice as Private, below there, you can capable to see the alternative referred to as “SHARE PRIVATELY.” click on the SHARE PRIVATELY option. A dialog container will appear. here, enter the respective email Ids of private viewers to watch your video. It allows you to enter the recipient’s email Ids to share. Each valid email is separated by space.
Note: Copying the video URL and sending it to them is impossible. As a result, the video will no longer play due to the fact others can’t view the privately uploaded video.
- If you’ve already uploaded the personal video and prefer to share it, kindly follow these instructions. Initially, go to YouTube Studio and click on the Content alternative on the left sidebar. Then, click on the visibility “Private”. Select the “SHARE PRIVATELY” choice and enter the e-mail ID you choose to share. That’s enough. Through mail notification, the respective recipient notifies the video link. Then, selected users get the link to the video in their emails.
Public vs Private vs Unlisted Videos
- Public: Public videos are videos that anyone on YouTube can see. They can also be shared with anyone using YouTube. Usually, public videos come into recommendations and in search ranks on YouTube.
- Private: Private videos are videos that no one on YouTube can see. They are not shareable with anyone. They don’t come into recommendations and the search rank on YouTube. They are only accessible when the owner gives permission to watch them.
- Unlisted: However, Unlisted videos are not private but, won’t appear in the Videos tab of your channel homepage. Unlisted videos can be seen and shared by anyone with the link. They won’t show up in YouTube’s search results unless someone adds your unlisted video to a public playlist. You can share an unlisted video’s URL.